So. I'd like an external storage device for iOS devices (iPhones, iPads, etc.) that the family could use on a long trip to store pictures (for backup of travel photography) and video (for taking along movies, TV, etc.). We're going places where we may not have reliable wifi, so cloud-based isn't an option.
Being able to stream from the storage device to iOS devices would be nice, but isn't essential if transferring things to and from the device is easy. I want to be able to move video, pictures, etc. back and forth easily without bringing along a computer.
I bought a Seagate Wireless Plus, which seemed to fit the bill, but I'm returning it — turns out the streaming video won't work on content bought through the iTunes store (!), and I find the interface through the app unusable.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- No, The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel Shouldn't Sue Over "Fake News" - February 20th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: The Eleventh Circuit Protects Doctors' Right To Ask About Guns - February 17th, 2017
- Eleventh Circuit Revisits Florida Law Banning Doctors From Asking About Guns, And I Can't Even - February 16th, 2017
- Erdoğan and the European View of Free Speech - February 10th, 2017
- Still Annoying After All These Years: A Petty Government Story - February 9th, 2017