I write this as someone who was willing to vote for Trump. This gives me great pause….
Donald Trump has said a lot of strange things — some funny, some creepy, but none scarier than what he said on Friday: that if he is elected president, he will "open up our libel laws" to make it easier to sue the media and "win lots of money." No matter what you may think about his other policy ideas, if he keeps this promise, we won't be able to effectively express dissent against anything else he might want to do. We can fight any bad policy if we have a robust First Amendment.
Last 5 posts by Randazza
- Legalize Child Porn? - January 17th, 2017
- Screw your dog, just don't film it! - January 15th, 2017
- Donald Trump's Golden Opportunity - January 13th, 2017
- We can never be too safe! (Update - Passenger banned for life) - November 28th, 2016
- Castro Dead - Good Time to Talk About "Fake News" - November 26th, 2016