So the L.A. Times invited me to take this post about gun dialogue, remove the swears and most of the words and as much of the personal dysfunction as possible, and let them use it as an op-ed. I did, and they did. It ran on last Sunday's dead-tree op-ed page as well as online.
We get some odd comments at Popehat. But L.A. Times comments were at another level. Here, in no particular order, are five of my favorites:
More whining from a liberal.
Don't try to infringe on our 2nd Amendment rights, and ain't gonna be no problems.
You want a second civil war? Then come try and take em from us…….
Reasoned debate went out with the WASPs.
It will be some time before it returns, to the detriment of our nation.
Most every alleged mass-shooter was taking psychotropic drugs that often cause violent impulses.
MSM won't report this because they get major ad $$$ from Big Pharma to push Rx snake oil: Paxil, Prozac, etc. Instead they blame guns.
MSM also won't report that certain demographics are doing gun crimes at rates over 10x the Euro average. Af-Am's & Hispanics are over 90% of shooters in L.A. & Chicago, but are loyal Dem voters, so MSM blames guns & pale Repub's.
Let's start there.
That's all well and good, Mr White, if that's your real name, but what about the real threat that faces every man, woman, and child today?
You know very well what of I am writing.
What about the pony menace?
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- About Clark Being "Purged" From Popehat - May 24th, 2017
- The Dubious "Anthony Weiner's Accuser Was Actually Over 16" Story, And Why I'm Very Skeptical - May 22nd, 2017
- Lawsplainer: The Remarkable Anthony Weiner Guilty Plea - May 19th, 2017
- The Elaborate Pantomime of The Federal Guilty Plea - May 8th, 2017
- A Disturbing In-Flight Experience - May 1st, 2017