So: We've decided to do a podcast. At least Patrick and I will contribute; other Popehat authors may as well. It will be infrequent — certainly no more than once per month.
There will be a few common themes familiar to Popehat readers: free speech issues, criminal justice issues, and lawsplainers, as well as the intersection of law and culture. We're open to suggestions and requests.
The regular features are still in development, but will likely include the following:
- On The Case: a look at the legal, social, and historical context of a well-known Supreme Court case, usually in the free speech realm. In the first episode: fighting words, and why Chaplinksy v. New Hampshire isn't really about them.
- Lawsplaining: you ask us to explain something about free speech law or criminal justice, and we bicker over it.
- Who Are You And Why Are You Here? Interviews with people we hope you'll find interesting.
- . . . . and more about games, books, movies, and culture.
I've found the Lawyerist's guide to launching a podcast to be helpful, but I'd appreciate other suggestions for podcasting resources, especially in the area of finding open-source music & audio and integrating it. Suggestions, requests, and questions for Lawsplaining will also be welcome.
My goal is to launch early in January.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- The Proud Boy And The Sockpuppet - July 21st, 2017
- Ted Rall Is Incensed That Anti-SLAPP Laws Protect Everyone - July 18th, 2017
- The Popehat Signal: Anti-SLAPP Help Needed in California - July 14th, 2017
- Texas Attorney Jason L. Van Dyke: Fraudulent Buffoon, Violence-Threatening Online-Tough-Guy, Vexatious Litigant, Proud Bigot, And All Around Human Dumpster Fire - July 9th, 2017
- CNN, Doxing, And A Few Ways In Which We Are Full of Shit As A Political Culture - July 5th, 2017