The latest in the conversations with kids series:
Elaina [8 years old]: Jesus! Give me a monkey!
Me: . . . . what?
Elaina: Oh. Jesus. Please give me a monkey.
Me: What are you talking about?
Elaina [with poorly concealed impatience]: I'm ASKING JESUS for a MONKEY, Daddy.
Me: Jesus is not a monkey-god. Why are you asking Jesus for a monkey?
Elaina [pointing]: That sign says to.
Me: Mercy. That sign says ask Jesus for mercy.
Elaina: What's mercy?
Me: Being merciful is like being kind and forgiving.
Elaina: It would be kind to give me a monkey.
Me: But it wouldn't be merciful to the monkey.
Elaina: YOU'RE A MONKEY
Me: See, this is exactly what I'm talking about.
Elaina [loudly and very atonally singing]: JEEEEEESUSSS, GIVE ME A MONNNNNNNKEY
Me: STOP YELLING AT JESUS
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- The Proud Boy And The Sockpuppet - July 21st, 2017
- Ted Rall Is Incensed That Anti-SLAPP Laws Protect Everyone - July 18th, 2017
- The Popehat Signal: Anti-SLAPP Help Needed in California - July 14th, 2017
- Texas Attorney Jason L. Van Dyke: Fraudulent Buffoon, Violence-Threatening Online-Tough-Guy, Vexatious Litigant, Proud Bigot, And All Around Human Dumpster Fire - July 9th, 2017
- CNN, Doxing, And A Few Ways In Which We Are Full of Shit As A Political Culture - July 5th, 2017