7) Initial news reports are always completely accurate, so we know we've got the right guy.
6) Initial news reports are always full of nuance, so we know that we understand the situation and can distinguish sarcasm from seriousness, and being nearby from being the active participant.
5) Internet shame mobs weigh the evidence carefully and deliberately before attacking, so they only happen to people who deserve them.
4) Internet shame mobs use the rule of law and due process, so when they occur by accident or to the wrong person it's easy for them to make amends and restore reputations, jobs, and friendships.
3) Internet shame mobs always make sure that the punishment is proportional to the crime.
2) Every member of an internet shame mob is without sin, so any one of them is morally just in throwing the first stone.
1) Once the internet shame mob has done its job, the button will be be offered to someone whom you don't know.
Last 5 posts by Clark
- Clark's Farewell To Popehat - December 30th, 2015
- The Current Refugee Crisis - November 18th, 2015
- Top Seven Things I Like About Internet Shame Mobs - July 29th, 2015
Gamer Gate vs Anti Gamer GateA Civil Discussion on Inclusiveness - June 23rd, 2015
- Two Kinds of Freedom of Speech (or #Strangeloop vs. Curtis Yarvin) - June 10th, 2015