This week we had two very highly-traveled posts about Pax Dickinson. Clark framed his experience as public shaming, while I framed it as social consequences. The subject is clearly of interest to our readers — and has been of interest to me for some time — so I thought I'd collect the past posts touching on the subject. I may edit to add more as I find them.
A post about social consequences to Vancouver rioters.
A post about a young woman caught on camera being an asshole on the subway.
A post about the consequences that befall a business that is rude to someone with a large audience; in this case it was the Bloggess, whose "stand by for a demonstration of relevance" is legendary.
And, of course, the story of Paul Christoforo, who got into an ill-considered fight with Penny Arcade.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- No, The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel Shouldn't Sue Over "Fake News" - February 20th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: The Eleventh Circuit Protects Doctors' Right To Ask About Guns - February 17th, 2017
- Eleventh Circuit Revisits Florida Law Banning Doctors From Asking About Guns, And I Can't Even - February 16th, 2017
- Erdoğan and the European View of Free Speech - February 10th, 2017
- Still Annoying After All These Years: A Petty Government Story - February 9th, 2017