Read the whole thing here. Seriously. It's awesome. Then come back here.
In other news
- all of your email is being intercepted by the government
- all of your phone calls are being tracked
- when specifically questioned about this the National Intelligence Director lied to Congress and said it wasn't true.
- US police use tasers to torture people; many of these people die
- the US military continues to transfer military hardware to US police departments
- the US president reserves the right to pronounce a death penalty on any American and use drones to execute them; at least four murdered so far
- the Utah Data Center is on schedule
- More and more police departments are using license plate readers; the government may know everywhere you've been in the last few years
- the detention facility at Gitmo is still open; some suspects have been waterboarded over 100 times each
- there are laws that you are subject to, but because they are secret laws you don't know what they are
- in the US ignorance of a law is not an excuse
- cops can shoot random citizens in the face with pepper ball guns for no reason, thus killing them, and escape prosecution
- when the US government wants to torture a suspect it first sends the suspect to a black facility overseas to do so. This started under Bush and continues under Obama.
- the IRS has been selectively discriminating against groups based on their politics. The administration first laughed at the allegation, then said that it was a few bad apples at a regional branch. It later came out that the orders came from Washington.
- the US debt is $53,000 per person
- this does not include unfunded mandates like Social Security and medicaid
- the shadow unemployment rate is 14%
- at US orders and against all diplomatic norms the Bolivian presidential plane was forced to land and was searched. Nothing was found.
- Sex and the City gives people the impression that all women know what they want in bed but that's not true
- Anthony Weiner has been emailing pictures of his junk again. The website The Dirty has the details.
- Jay Carney wants you to know that Air Force One is a "terrific aircraft" and Edward Snowden is absolutely not a human rights activist
Last 5 posts by Clark
- Clark's Farewell To Popehat - December 30th, 2015
- The Current Refugee Crisis - November 18th, 2015
- Top Seven Things I Like About Internet Shame Mobs - July 29th, 2015
Gamer Gate vs Anti Gamer GateA Civil Discussion on Inclusiveness - June 23rd, 2015
- Two Kinds of Freedom of Speech (or #Strangeloop vs. Curtis Yarvin) - June 10th, 2015