I have just received what I think is the most cringeworthy lawyer-spam I have heretofore received.
The spammer wants me, as near as I can figure, to refer auto dealer fraud and Lemon Law cases to him in exchange for a 20% referral fee. I don't have any auto dealer fraud or Lemon Law cases to refer, and if I did, I would never in eleventy billion years refer them to someone who spammed me or offered me a referral fee. I've never taken a refer fee and I don't plan to start now. I've never done business with a spammer and don't plan to start now.
What elevates this spam into the Realm of Cringe is the delta between the spammer's extraordinary self-regard and the fact that he's spamming law firms offering to pay for referrals of Lemon Law cases. The guy sends a footnoted biography in his email, and was apparently poised to cure cancer, and is a brilliant lawyer, but spams strangers offering $500-to-$10,000-case-referral-fees as a business.
Full email below the fold. Don't miss the level of self-regard in the bio. I've semi-anonymized it out of an arguably misplaced sense of mercy.
What kind of lawyer would respond positively to a solicitation like this?
I handle almost exclusively Auto Dealer Fraud and Lemon Law matters. This email is an invitation to build a referral relationship between our practices. Before making a referral it is important to know to whom you are referring to. This is why I invite you to meet in person or at least over the phone so that we may become acquainted. You may also visit my websites, www.[spammyspam].org, www.[ispamu].com, and www.[godhelpmethisismylawfirm].com/Referrals to learn more about my practice and twenty (20) percent referral fee split policy. The last website contains a downloadable referral fee split agreement which will give you the assurance that all referrals to my office will be accounted and paid for in accordance to the CA State Bar regulations.
Over the years I have handled nearly 1,000 CA Lemon Law and Auto Dealer Fraud matters and have established a statewide reputation as an aggressive litigator in these areas of law. I have developed strong working relationships with most major manufacturers and dealerships, along with their defense counsel. A key philosophy of mine has been the consistent payment of a twenty (20) percent referral fee split on all referred cases no matter how small or large my fee recovery has been. Typical referral fee splits have ranged from $500 to $10,000. In light of my extensive experience in these fields I am able to maximize both my clients’ recoveries and my attorney's fee recoveries, hence I pay out sizable referral fee splits. I trust that upon meeting in person or over the phone we will be able to build rapport which will lead to many mutually lucrative referrals. I invite you to visit my websites and to call, email or meet with me. Once you get to know me you will be certain that all your referrals will be handled with utmost diligence and your fee split will be paid out immediately upon settlement of the subject matter. In fact, if you chose not to be paid a referral fee split I will make a donation to the charity of your choice.
I welcome the opportunity to speak with you and perhaps to meet with you so that I too may learn about your practice areas so as to be able to make reciprocal referrals. Thank you for your time.
Very truly yours,
Spammy P. Spamalot
Attorney At Law
Law Offices of Spammy P. Spamalot
Areas of Practice: Automobile Dealership Fraud, Lemon Law/Auto Defects, Product Liability and Class Actions
[address and phone omitted]
Spammy P. Spamalot, Esq.
University Ken Roots Against – Biological Sciences, B.A; University Ken Roots Against School of Law, J.D.
Admitted to the California State Bar, U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Spammy P. Spamalot is lead trial counsel and founder of a preeminent consumer protection law office in Sherman Oaks, CA. Spamalot has extensive litigation experience in automobile dealership fraud, consumer fraud, automobile defects/lemon law, product liability and class action litigation. He has litigated cases against Intel Corporation, Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc., Honda North America, Inc., Aston Martin Lagonda of North America, Inc., BMW of North America, LLC, Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC, Keyes European, LLC, Rusnak Enterprises, LLC and Wells Fargo Auto Finance, Inc. His clients range across the socio-economic spectrum, from the working class to the corporate elite. What unifies them is Spamalot’s vision that all individuals should afford the full legal remedies available under the law if they have been wronged.
Spamalot earned his undergraduate degree in biological sciences from the University Ken Roots Against in a total of three years, while concurrently conducting scholarly research in gene therapy and earning the highest departmental awards for two consecutive years. Upon graduating from UKRA, Spamalot combined his intellectual capacity with his relentless passion for standing up for the right cause and matriculated in law school, rejecting his admission to a tier one medical school.
Spamalot obtained his Juris Doctor degree from the University Ken Roots Against School of Law, where he concentrated his studies on business and corporate law, real estate law, property law and California civil procedure. While in law school, he co-founded a nationwide automobile sales and leasing brokerage. His venture in the automotive industry gave him first-hand exposure to the innermost nuances of automobile sales and leasing, which are rarely accessible to the public. While enhancing his professional network, Spamalot built bridges with industry and community leaders, government officials and prominent attorneys. At the same time Spamalot became involved in a graduate student association through which he developed charitable programs that rose over $30,000 annually and donated the funds to build schools and hospitals in underdeveloped regions of the world.
Immediately upon graduating, Spamalot established his own legal practice and quickly began gaining recognition for being an aggressive litigator with an unprecedented amount of inside knowledge of the automotive industry. He has a keen ability to assess damages in a given case and find legal theories under which to seek not only the client’s actual damages but also punitive damages and attorney’s fees and costs. This makes it possible for a consumer to afford retaining his legal services and vigorously pursuing a claim even when the consumer cannot afford to pay litigation expenses out of pocket.
Spamalot is now widely known as one of the boldest litigators in the arena of automobile dealership fraud and auto defects/lemon law who gets most of his cases through referrals from other attorneys across the State of California and through word of mouth. He has not only gained recognition from his own clients but also from defense counsel who routinely settle cases with him merely to avoid going to trial and often times even refer him clients. With the extensive amount of success and knowledge in litigation he has also expanded his practice into consumer class action litigation.
Spamalot frequents speaking engagements where he informs university and law school students regarding the practice of law and civil litigation involving fraud. He also lectures to the public on the topic of consumer fraud, educating them on how to better protect their interests. Spamalot also hosted a popular television series that discussed consumer rights and remedies arising out of automobile dealership fraud, products liability and lemon law.
Spamalot is past president and re-founder of the UKRA Alumni Club with a base of over 10,000 local alumni. During his presidency, he organized various social, networking and fundraising events in conjunction with the UKRA Alumni House. He is presently on the UKRA School of Law Young Alumni Committee, is the co-founder and vice-chairman of the UKRA Ethnicity Alumni Association, and is involved as a member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles. As a member of the Board of Governors of the Ethnicity Bar Association, Spamalot has organized events honoring high ranking government officials, judges, litigators, prominent businessman and others.
Spamalot’s new YouTube series is scheduled to launch in the summer of 2013, where he plans to share more of his legal knowledge by providing insight into various consumer interest topics. He is also authoring a series of books to empower consumers through legal and practical advice.
• 1. Spamalot’s initial career objective was to become a pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon thus he studied biology as an undergrad at UKRA and conducting research in gene therapy studying the practical application of the HIV and FIV modules to cure AIDS at the Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles. He was awarded the highest departmental awards for two consecutive years, the Milo Don Appleman Award and the Okin Award, and his research findings were published in the prestigious Molecular Therapy Journal of the American Society of Gene Therapy. Spamalot’s first scientific research project was a breakthrough in microscale techniques in thermodynamics which he published in the scholarly Journal of Chemical Education at the age of fifteen. He also graduated high school with the highest weighted grade point average of 4.72 in the State of California in the year of his graduation.
• 2. Shortly upon starting his legal practice Spamalot substituted in as lead counsel on two major ongoing litigations involving dealer fraud. The first one involved a $200,000 recreational vehicle purchase. The matter was set for trial three weeks away and Plaintiff’s counsel had done zero preparation, even advising him to walk away from the case after having expended an exorbitant amount of money and nearly eighteen months. Spamalot took over the matter, prepared for the trial and successfully recovered nearly one quarter of a million dollars. The second matter involved a $120,000 high-end sports vehicle, a working class Plaintiff who had hired a real estate attorney to represent him, over two years of ongoing litigation, a multi-million dollar defendant with top notch legal counsel and yet no end in sight. The underlying case was valued at $40,000 however Spamalot recovered double the amount by proving not only the selling dealership’s liability but also crucial errors made by the client’s prior counsel.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017