Remember Sinclair Community College, the school that banned signs at protests because of 9/11 and Virginia Tech and stuff?
They're still easily upset by signs.
This time, signs threaten not a new violent apocalypse, but prejudice. According to some sources, Sinclair demanded that on-campus construction workers cease work until they removed offensive "Men Working" signs.
Truly this is the sort of learning, growing experience that only the modern academy can provide: people who regulate sign content for a living telling people who build things for a living what to do.
After this incident, Sinclair's director of public information Adam Murka told Fox News that the college has a 'deep commitment to diversity' and takes it 'quite seriously.'
Murka added: 'While it may not have been necessary to suggest work be stopped, we stand by our commitment to providing an environment that is inclusive and non-discriminatory.'
They're certainly not discriminating against ridiculous people.
Hat tip: Craig Mazin.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017