I have returned, without major incident, from my undisclosed vacation venue, which I can now reveal as Sedona, Arizona. I decided not to identify it contemporaneously to avoid being pursued there as an Illuminati CIA agent and possibly shot. Don't ask.
A few thoughts:
1. Sedona has a very large number of crystal therapy practitioners, aura readers, psychics, and energy vortex tour guides. Sedona also has a large number of traffic circles. I believe these pheonomena are linked, as they reflect a shared optimistic view of the human condition that is not warranted by available evidence.
2. Once a five-year-old mishears "aura reading" as "Oreo reading," there's really no point in trying to correct her.
3. Parts of America are very purty.
4. If you go to places with bad wireless reception, the world will muddle on without you.
5. Giraffes have extremely large tongues.
6. Slide Rock State Park is quite possibly sponsored by the Arizona Emergency Room Physicians Association. Nevertheless there is something very satisfying about getting pictures of your kids playing in a creek to add to your pictures of a parent playing there 60 years ago.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Free Speech Triumphant Or Free Speech In Retreat? - June 21st, 2017
- The Power To Generate Crimes Rather Than Merely Investigate Them - June 19th, 2017
- Free Speech, The Goose, And The Gander - June 17th, 2017
- Free Speech Tropes In The LA Times - June 8th, 2017
- I write letters - June 1st, 2017