One of the things I like about Popehat is that for the most part the comments are (at least in the context of the internet) civil. That's mostly organic, not a matter of moderation.
Recently we've had quite a surge in traffic, and an accompanying surge in comments. It's become much harder to moderate comments. Things like this thread, which Patrick was quite right to close, have ensued.
I'm quite angry about that thread. I'm rather disgusted it happened here. I'm irritated that, because I'm on vacation with my family, it got to that point without me reviewing it. It's leading me to give some thought to the future of comments in particular and Popehat in general.
I'm sad about that. But more angry. Yes, mostly angry. Actually quite angry.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- A Pony A Day Keeps the Doctor Away - April 20th, 2017
- Alex Jones And The Rule of Goats - April 19th, 2017
- The Seductive Appeal of the "Nazi Exception" - April 18th, 2017
- The Road to Popehat: Spring Edition - April 17th, 2017
- About That Trump Rally-Goer Alvin Bemberger Suing Him - April 17th, 2017