One of the things I like about Popehat is that for the most part the comments are (at least in the context of the internet) civil. That's mostly organic, not a matter of moderation.
Recently we've had quite a surge in traffic, and an accompanying surge in comments. It's become much harder to moderate comments. Things like this thread, which Patrick was quite right to close, have ensued.
I'm quite angry about that thread. I'm rather disgusted it happened here. I'm irritated that, because I'm on vacation with my family, it got to that point without me reviewing it. It's leading me to give some thought to the future of comments in particular and Popehat in general.
I'm sad about that. But more angry. Yes, mostly angry. Actually quite angry.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017