In addition to complete strangers suggesting their willingness to boff me even if I were a brain stem in a jar, one of the pleasant benefits of offering pro bono legal help to an online victim of bogus legal threats was a quite breathtaking thank-you present from Compass Rose Design, including simply awesome steampunk cufflinks . . .
. . . as well as a matching tie pin and tie clip, plus a ridiculously cool bracelet for my wife made of reclaimed antique watches.
Thanks to Compass Rose Design for the thoughtful thank-you.
And thanks to the person who sent the handmade award based on the same incident:
This award has proven to be an invaluable management tool. Occasionally a partner or associate argues with me. I point to the statute and say "Do YOU have an award for badassery?" They subside, sadly, and submit. As it should be.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017