1. It's easier to get rid of herpes or get out of Gitmo than it is to get off of SiriusXM's incessant-call list. Go get buried in a sweaty guy's crawlspace, SiriusXM marketing executives.*
2. Speaking of asshole marketers: our comment spam is now almost manageable because we've set comments to close automatically after a couple of months. By that I mean I can review the spam filter every few days, save legitimate comments, and put potentially funny or otherwise bloggable spam aside for later. Before this, we got more than a thousand spam comments per day. But — it is absolutely infuriating that we have to do this, because I get a few emails a week from people with a worthwhile comment on an old post.
3. On a (mostly) unrelated note: among many, here's one good reason to avoid defamation litigation and other forms of censorship: the more-speech remedy works. Holy shit, does it work.
*I might as well admit it now, because Patrick will point it out in the comments if I don't — I'm too much of a sissy to use an edgier prison in that line.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Free Speech Triumphant Or Free Speech In Retreat? - June 21st, 2017
- The Power To Generate Crimes Rather Than Merely Investigate Them - June 19th, 2017
- Free Speech, The Goose, And The Gander - June 17th, 2017
- Free Speech Tropes In The LA Times - June 8th, 2017
- I write letters - June 1st, 2017