Wow. This will merit some further analysis, so I'll try and tear my self away from The Old Republic long enough to write something more substantial. But the short narrative: MidClassMitt had every advantage but attacked the expansion with the wrong unit mix (especially since AggiesFanWWJD unexpectedly dropped. He gave TheGrinch the sad remnants of his stuff, but who gives a shit). TheGrinch, already in full on "eff you" mode, countered him perfectly.
It's all econ, and MidClassMitt is still hands down the guy to beat, especially now we're out of the Early Game and into the Mid. You can't win on early rush cheese anymore. Now you actually need to play. And MidClassMitt has by far the most cohesive strategy. TheGrinch (the closest challenger at this point) has clearly been slapping his shit together with spit and wishes. We'll see if he can pull it together; you can't just select all your units and attack-move them to some random expansion anymore. But this game has suddenly become very interesting.
Last 5 posts by Derrick
- POPEHAT 2016 POST-ELECTION GUIDE - November 9th, 2016
- POPEHAT 2016 ELECTION DAY GUIDE - November 8th, 2016
- Ask PopeHat! 11/4/2016 - November 4th, 2016
- Whether in a car or on a horse / We don't mind using excessive force - April 23rd, 2013
- No Shit - March 28th, 2013