You remember Froma Harrop. She presided over an organization advocating civility in public discourse, called Tea Party advocates terrorists, then said that wasn't uncivil because the essence of incivility is denying other people their say, then deleted critical comments on her blog about her views.
So, if you are Froma Harrop, how might you recover some of your credibility? Gosh, maybe a friendly-but-substantial, serious, thoughtful media interview.
Say, how about one with John Oliver of The Daily Show?
There are different ways to interpret this. One is that Froma Harrop is so stupendously foolish that she thought this interview would make her look good, and would be a venue to vindicate her views.
I prefer to believe that this is Froma Harrop's penance for her silly behavior: that, as her blog post suggests, she know she would be the butt of a joke, and willingly participated in the joke (flawlessly executed by John Oliver) to acknowledge she'd acted like an ass.
That's kind of cool in my book. Not as cool as coming out and saying she was wrong, of course.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017