Radley Balko has posted the candidates for his 2011 Worst Prosecutor of the Year award. There's one silver lining in this dark, fetid cloud — it helps showcase the important work that Radley has done at The Agitator, Reason, and HuffPo in the course of covering our deeply troubled criminal justice system.
In every other way, the contest is deeply depressing. The criminal justice system relies upon prosecutors acting honestly and honorably. Too often, they don't.
Go read, throw up in your mouth a little, and vote on who is the worst. I couldn't decide. It made our Censorious Asshat of the Year contest seem like a ray of sunshine by comparison.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- No, Trump Didn't Argue That Protesters Have No Right To Protest or Violated His Rights - April 24th, 2017
- A Pony A Day Keeps the Doctor Away - April 20th, 2017
- Alex Jones And The Rule of Goats - April 19th, 2017
- The Seductive Appeal of the "Nazi Exception" - April 18th, 2017
- The Road to Popehat: Spring Edition - April 17th, 2017