Radley Balko has posted the candidates for his 2011 Worst Prosecutor of the Year award. There's one silver lining in this dark, fetid cloud — it helps showcase the important work that Radley has done at The Agitator, Reason, and HuffPo in the course of covering our deeply troubled criminal justice system.
In every other way, the contest is deeply depressing. The criminal justice system relies upon prosecutors acting honestly and honorably. Too often, they don't.
Go read, throw up in your mouth a little, and vote on who is the worst. I couldn't decide. It made our Censorious Asshat of the Year contest seem like a ray of sunshine by comparison.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017