Radley Balko has posted the candidates for his 2011 Worst Prosecutor of the Year award. There's one silver lining in this dark, fetid cloud — it helps showcase the important work that Radley has done at The Agitator, Reason, and HuffPo in the course of covering our deeply troubled criminal justice system.
In every other way, the contest is deeply depressing. The criminal justice system relies upon prosecutors acting honestly and honorably. Too often, they don't.
Go read, throw up in your mouth a little, and vote on who is the worst. I couldn't decide. It made our Censorious Asshat of the Year contest seem like a ray of sunshine by comparison.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Shock, Dismay In Academia At Scorpion Acting Like Scorpion - June 28th, 2017
- Free Speech Triumphant Or Free Speech In Retreat? - June 21st, 2017
- The Power To Generate Crimes Rather Than Merely Investigate Them - June 19th, 2017
- Free Speech, The Goose, And The Gander - June 17th, 2017
- Free Speech Tropes In The LA Times - June 8th, 2017