A Sincere Apology To R. In California
You work in accounting for a large company. Today you sent an email to a vendor, saying that the IRS had rejected a 1099 submitted in connection with that vendor because the tax ID number was wrong, and asking them to fill out a W-9 and return it to you.
Apparently you are a Popehat reader, R., and had our page open at the time. By some mischance, the email was sent to ken at popehat dot com rather than the vendor, whose email address you had searched for.
When I received an email stating that a large company had paid money to us in 2010 and that the company just needed our tax information to file a 1099, I was somewhat skeptical. Nobody pays Popehat anything, R., because nobody at Popehat does anything. Right now, Patrick is sitting on the couch watching a "Mamma's Family" rerun.
I've now satisfied myself through online methods that you were being truthful, and your email was an accident, not a scam. So in retrospect, R., when I sent back an email asking whether you really really meant to do this thing, this thing we have here, with me, and invited you to visit this link and peruse it, and suggested that I would be speaking with you real soon now, I recognize that my tone was brusque and my implications unpleasant, and that I may have caused some anxiety.
I'm sorry about that, R.. You take me as you find me on any given day.
Best wishes, and thank you for reading,
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Weekend Censorious Dipshittery Roundup - March 2nd, 2015
- Judge Tim Grendell Was For The First Amendment Before He Was Against It - March 2nd, 2015
- Update: Judge Tim Grendell's Odd Letter To The Paper About His Censorious Thuggery - February 26th, 2015
- Dr. Mario J.A. Saad Tries, And Fails, To Censor American Diabetes Association - February 26th, 2015
- Worthy of Contempt: Ohio Judge Tim Grendell Abuses His Office To Suppress Criticism - February 25th, 2015