That year you were mine completely,
You gave your votes so sweetly,
That year the light of love was at the polls,
But will you vote for me next year?
Was this a lasting alliance,
Or just a short dalliance,
Can I believe you'll vote no matter what,
Will you still vote for me next year?
I've got a bill important,
That looks for jobs by spending lots of cash,
But will my heart be broken,
When Congress laughs (when Congress laughs) and Congress kicks (and Congress kicks) my ass?
I'd like to know that your love,
Means a vote I can be sure of,
So tell me now and I won't ask again,
Will you vote for me next year?
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Free Speech Triumphant Or Free Speech In Retreat? - June 21st, 2017
- The Power To Generate Crimes Rather Than Merely Investigate Them - June 19th, 2017
- Free Speech, The Goose, And The Gander - June 17th, 2017
- Free Speech Tropes In The LA Times - June 8th, 2017
- I write letters - June 1st, 2017