A quick bleg: has anyone put a kid through a school-based language immersion program, particularly at the elementary level? If so, can you post your impressions of it, or drop me a line?
We may have an opportunity to put dear little Elaina, Destroyer of Worlds into a Mandarin immersion program at an elementary school two districts over. It would involve sacrifice (it's a drive, and she'd miss our community's elementary school, in which we are very involved). But on the other hand, it's an incredible opportunity to become bilingual in a language of growing importance and to connect with her cultural heritage.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017