Last night I was driving Evan (10) and Abby (8) home from dinner.
EVAN: Daddy, quiz me on science stuff.
ME: Uh, okay. Here's one you didn't remember before. Who invented the light bulb?
EVAN: Uh — Einstein?
ABBY: Howie Houdini!
EVAN: I don't like that one. Ask another one.
ME: Okay. What is Einstein famous for?
EVAN: He talked about science and the universe and . . . and . . . what he said was important for knowing things in science, and the universe, and how science works in the universe, and stuff.
ME: You'll have to learn to bluff better than that, padwan.
ABBY: Ask another question!
ME: Okay. Who was the second president?
EVAN: GEORGE WASHINGTON!
ABBY: Howie Houdini! Harriet Tubman! SACAJAWEA!
ME: Bzzz. Wrong. Okay. If the president dies, who becomes president next?
EVAN: The vice-president!
ME: And if the president and the vice-president die, who becomes president next!
EVAN: Uh . . . the last president before that?
ABBY: SOME RANDOM GUY!
Evan: The last person who ran for president and lost?
ABBY: ME! HOWIE HOUDINI! A MONKEY SCRATCHING HIS ARMPITS!
ME: We may need to find you two a trade.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017