Last night I was driving Evan (10) and Abby (8) home from dinner.
EVAN: Daddy, quiz me on science stuff.
ME: Uh, okay. Here's one you didn't remember before. Who invented the light bulb?
EVAN: Uh — Einstein?
ABBY: Howie Houdini!
EVAN: I don't like that one. Ask another one.
ME: Okay. What is Einstein famous for?
EVAN: He talked about science and the universe and . . . and . . . what he said was important for knowing things in science, and the universe, and how science works in the universe, and stuff.
ME: You'll have to learn to bluff better than that, padwan.
ABBY: Ask another question!
ME: Okay. Who was the second president?
EVAN: GEORGE WASHINGTON!
ABBY: Howie Houdini! Harriet Tubman! SACAJAWEA!
ME: Bzzz. Wrong. Okay. If the president dies, who becomes president next?
EVAN: The vice-president!
ME: And if the president and the vice-president die, who becomes president next!
EVAN: Uh . . . the last president before that?
ABBY: SOME RANDOM GUY!
Evan: The last person who ran for president and lost?
ABBY: ME! HOWIE HOUDINI! A MONKEY SCRATCHING HIS ARMPITS!
ME: We may need to find you two a trade.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- The Proud Boy And The Sockpuppet - July 21st, 2017
- Ted Rall Is Incensed That Anti-SLAPP Laws Protect Everyone - July 18th, 2017
- The Popehat Signal: Anti-SLAPP Help Needed in California - July 14th, 2017
- Texas Attorney Jason L. Van Dyke: Fraudulent Buffoon, Violence-Threatening Online-Tough-Guy, Vexatious Litigant, Proud Bigot, And All Around Human Dumpster Fire - July 9th, 2017
- CNN, Doxing, And A Few Ways In Which We Are Full of Shit As A Political Culture - July 5th, 2017