Not Looking Forward To The Dothraki Recipes, Quite Frankly
I have resisted what amounts to a dare by Patrick to geek out in front you all over the progress of the HBO series Game of Thrones, which has had two episodes now. Suffice it to say: I am rereading the series (in my iPad this time) in preparation for the 5th book in July, I am faithfully watching and enjoying the series, I am attempting to keep my dear wife (Happy Anniversary, dear) interested in it, and I am using it to think about the necessary differences between art forms. But I am reserving the more effusive geekery to other locales, so as not to embarrass Patrick. It's really the least I can do.
That said: one of the great things about this series of tubes is its ability to deliver to us not only pure geekery in its unrefined form, but geek fusion, in which different types of geekery are combined in new and exciting ways. In that spirit, via the man himself, I give you The Inn at the Crossroads, a blog that documents attempts to re-create both medieval and modern versions of the foods described in GRRM's Song of Ice and Fire series.
I am so making the hot spiced wine this weekend.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Weekend Censorious Dipshittery Roundup - March 2nd, 2015
- Judge Tim Grendell Was For The First Amendment Before He Was Against It - March 2nd, 2015
- Update: Judge Tim Grendell's Odd Letter To The Paper About His Censorious Thuggery - February 26th, 2015
- Dr. Mario J.A. Saad Tries, And Fails, To Censor American Diabetes Association - February 26th, 2015
- Worthy of Contempt: Ohio Judge Tim Grendell Abuses His Office To Suppress Criticism - February 25th, 2015