Remember Senator John Ensign? You know, the vigorous moral scold who was cheating on his wife with the wife of a good friend and employee? The guy whose parents paid off the family of the woman he had an affair with?
Republican Sen. John Ensign of Nevada, who is under an ethics investigation by the Senate, announced Thursday that he will resign his seat on May 3.
In the longer term it's unlikely to impact the balance of the Senate: the Republican governor will probably appoint the Republican who was going to run for the seat in 2012, improving his chances.
Meanwhile, watch for nauseating hand-wringing about how Ensign is the victim here.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017