Remember Senator John Ensign? You know, the vigorous moral scold who was cheating on his wife with the wife of a good friend and employee? The guy whose parents paid off the family of the woman he had an affair with?
Republican Sen. John Ensign of Nevada, who is under an ethics investigation by the Senate, announced Thursday that he will resign his seat on May 3.
In the longer term it's unlikely to impact the balance of the Senate: the Republican governor will probably appoint the Republican who was going to run for the seat in 2012, improving his chances.
Meanwhile, watch for nauseating hand-wringing about how Ensign is the victim here.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- No, Trump Didn't Argue That Protesters Have No Right To Protest or Violated His Rights - April 24th, 2017
- A Pony A Day Keeps the Doctor Away - April 20th, 2017
- Alex Jones And The Rule of Goats - April 19th, 2017
- The Seductive Appeal of the "Nazi Exception" - April 18th, 2017
- The Road to Popehat: Spring Edition - April 17th, 2017