Most politicians are assholes. Many are evil. But very few are all evil, like Hitler or Nancy Grace. It's dangerous to indulge in the very human desire to regard a political enemy as all evil. Why? Because it tends to make you act like a gullible tool. Case in point: Wonkette explains how the Obama-haters at TownHall were taken in by a fake "OMG Obama's mother-in-law practices voodoo-magic in the White House" article calculated — successfully — to make them and their commenters look like credulous asses. It's worth enduring even Wonkette's belabored smug-ironic-detachment to read. Note that many Wonkette commenters were equally gullible, in that they (hating TownHall residents as much as TownHall residents hate Obama) were willing and eager to accept this as a sincere piece by a TownHall rather than a hoax at TownHall's expense.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017