Most politicians are assholes. Many are evil. But very few are all evil, like Hitler or Nancy Grace. It's dangerous to indulge in the very human desire to regard a political enemy as all evil. Why? Because it tends to make you act like a gullible tool. Case in point: Wonkette explains how the Obama-haters at TownHall were taken in by a fake "OMG Obama's mother-in-law practices voodoo-magic in the White House" article calculated — successfully — to make them and their commenters look like credulous asses. It's worth enduring even Wonkette's belabored smug-ironic-detachment to read. Note that many Wonkette commenters were equally gullible, in that they (hating TownHall residents as much as TownHall residents hate Obama) were willing and eager to accept this as a sincere piece by a TownHall rather than a hoax at TownHall's expense.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- No, Trump Didn't Argue That Protesters Have No Right To Protest or Violated His Rights - April 24th, 2017
- A Pony A Day Keeps the Doctor Away - April 20th, 2017
- Alex Jones And The Rule of Goats - April 19th, 2017
- The Seductive Appeal of the "Nazi Exception" - April 18th, 2017
- The Road to Popehat: Spring Edition - April 17th, 2017