NPR has a story on the life and death of Soviet cosmonaut Vladimir Komarov. It's a harrowing tale of bravery, sacrifice, friendship, and the maddeningly indifferent and inexorable brutality of totalitarian government. Check it out.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Free Speech Triumphant Or Free Speech In Retreat? - June 21st, 2017
- The Power To Generate Crimes Rather Than Merely Investigate Them - June 19th, 2017
- Free Speech, The Goose, And The Gander - June 17th, 2017
- Free Speech Tropes In The LA Times - June 8th, 2017
- I write letters - June 1st, 2017