The problem with really, really hating anyone — a political party, a philosophical movement, a public figure — is that it erodes judgment and perception.
That's why a perpetually angry but experienced writer like Tbogg can't distinguish between Sarah Palin and satire of Sarah Palin, even when the satire is broad, obvious, and explicitly labeled as satire.
I grant you that some people, and some organizations, make smuggling satire easier than others. But still.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017