The problem with really, really hating anyone — a political party, a philosophical movement, a public figure — is that it erodes judgment and perception.
That's why a perpetually angry but experienced writer like Tbogg can't distinguish between Sarah Palin and satire of Sarah Palin, even when the satire is broad, obvious, and explicitly labeled as satire.
I grant you that some people, and some organizations, make smuggling satire easier than others. But still.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Free Speech Triumphant Or Free Speech In Retreat? - June 21st, 2017
- The Power To Generate Crimes Rather Than Merely Investigate Them - June 19th, 2017
- Free Speech, The Goose, And The Gander - June 17th, 2017
- Free Speech Tropes In The LA Times - June 8th, 2017
- I write letters - June 1st, 2017