It's not easy being a drug lord, even in a South American country. You've got nothing but trouble with your help. The cops and government officials you pay off are sweaty and personally unpleasant. The one or two percent of your product that various drug enforcement agencies successfully interdict represents a constant mild personal affront. And do you know how much a pain in the ass it is to clean up the shark tank after you throw in an undercover agent?
So you take your solace where you can: pressed linen, ugly shirts, women, sports cars, mountaintop fortresses, and investment in art — investment in all that is good and beautiful about this mostly ugly world.
Just ask "Pezao", one of Brazil's most notorious drug lords:
Pezao, whom The Guardian describes as "one of the area's top traffickers," is apparently also one of the area's top Justin Bieber fans.
With this, we see that everyone — from the rich to the poor, from the law-abiding to the criminal, from the mighty to the low — shares certain immutable human characteristics. Pick one of two: (1) we all have execrable taste about something, or (2) none of us, no matter how ruthless, can control our tween daughters.
If Pezao gets caught, I think they should just circulate pics of his house in the prison and let the other inmates jibe him until he has a seizure.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017