E! Wins Satire Immunity Challenge
But some things are so freakishly wrong in the first place that they can't really be satirized; even the best writers are left sitting back and gaping in horror, making a few half-hearted jabs.
I thought, at first, that Cracked was having us on — that it was describing a fictional, over-the-top show in order to satirize reality TV.
Oh Lord, how I wish that were true. Because the show is real — and, if anything, worse than Cracked's heroic but futile attempts to ridicule it would suggest. E! thinks people want to watch this sort of shit. And they're right.
What the hell is wrong with us?
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Weekend Censorious Dipshittery Roundup - March 2nd, 2015
- Judge Tim Grendell Was For The First Amendment Before He Was Against It - March 2nd, 2015
- Update: Judge Tim Grendell's Odd Letter To The Paper About His Censorious Thuggery - February 26th, 2015
- Dr. Mario J.A. Saad Tries, And Fails, To Censor American Diabetes Association - February 26th, 2015
- Worthy of Contempt: Ohio Judge Tim Grendell Abuses His Office To Suppress Criticism - February 25th, 2015