But some things are so freakishly wrong in the first place that they can't really be satirized; even the best writers are left sitting back and gaping in horror, making a few half-hearted jabs.
I thought, at first, that Cracked was having us on — that it was describing a fictional, over-the-top show in order to satirize reality TV.
Oh Lord, how I wish that were true. Because the show is real — and, if anything, worse than Cracked's heroic but futile attempts to ridicule it would suggest. E! thinks people want to watch this sort of shit. And they're right.
What the hell is wrong with us?
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- The Selma March In Some Rare Photos, And The Obligation To Speak - January 16th, 2017
- "Clock Boy" Gets His Clock Cleaned with Texas' Anti-SLAPP Statute - January 11th, 2017
- In a Crowded Field, University of Oregon Distinguishes Itself At Unprincipled and Lawless Censorship - January 10th, 2017
- Popehat's 2016 Censorious Asshat of the Year: The City of Parma Police Department - January 6th, 2017
- There's A Pony Born Every Minute - January 6th, 2017