I'm not necessarily convinced that the Park51 project, more commonly known as the "Ground Zero Mosque" [or "mosk", YMMV], is actually being operated as deliberate provocation. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. My opinion about what we should do about it doesn't change much either way.
I will say this: if the Park51 people are, as it sometimes appears, in it for the lulz, then they are having an epic run of it.
Developers of the controversial Park51 Islamic community center and mosque located two blocks from Ground Zero earlier this month applied for roughly $5 million in federal grant money set aside for the redevelopment of lower Manhattan after the attacks of September 11th, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the matter.
The people who piss themselves with outrage on a professional basis are going to be downing Big Gulps like crazy in preparation for this one.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- A Pony A Day Keeps the Doctor Away - April 20th, 2017
- Alex Jones And The Rule of Goats - April 19th, 2017
- The Seductive Appeal of the "Nazi Exception" - April 18th, 2017
- The Road to Popehat: Spring Edition - April 17th, 2017
- About That Trump Rally-Goer Alvin Bemberger Suing Him - April 17th, 2017