Last year I was lucky enough to attend the premier boardgaming convention in the US, BGGcon. I will be there again starting tomorrow. Alas, I think it's unlikely that I will do much updating in media res, although like last year I will do a full post mortem (you can see last years starting here.) It should be an amazing 5 days.
To whet your appetite, here are a couple of games I am very interested in going in:
– Troyes. I've mentioned before that I like dice games, and in this game each color of dice represents a particular class of citizen. All of which can do different things. Looks right up my alley.
– Navegador. It looks a little like a combination of Finca and Endeavor, both games I really like.
– 7 Wonders. A civilization building (and destroying) version of Dominion? Sounds interesting to me!
– Vinhos. A game about making wine. Not my favorite theme, but this one has a lot of buzz around it.
– Merkator. The theme has been done to death middle ages trading empires, but this is from the guy that did Agricola and Le Havre, so I am automatically interested.
– Junta – Viva El Presidente. Just because I love the original so.
So, see everybody some time after Thanksgiving! Enjoy the holiday.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010