When I think of White House Press Secretaries I normally think of evasive banter with reporters or the dreamy C.J. Craig. I don't think of forceful advocate for the Fourth Estate. Enter Robert Gibbs. He loudly and forcefully threatened to pull President Obama out of a negotiating session with the Indian Prime Minister unless the full compliment of US reporters were allowed in. The Indians wanted to limit the access to 5, after initially agreeing to 8.
It's nice to see the White House relationship to the press in a non-negative sense for once. And, cheers to Mr. Gibbs for standing up for the White House Press Corps. My favorite part is that he jammed his foot in the door to keep it open.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010