Spammers are scum. It's really easy to get very angry at them.
Yet that's not the righteous way. That's not the considerate, compassionate way.
The righteous, considerate, compassionate way is to string the spammers along for the general amusement of your audience.
The Bloggess is a past master (past mistress?) at this, as demonstrated by her recent encounter with an epically shameless spammy proprietor of a "teach your baby sign language" site, who sent a form-email talking about how wonderful parenting is — and wouldn't the Bloggess like to visit her parenting site? — in response to a typically hilariously inappropriate Bloggess post about digging up a dead dog.
It's possible that the spammer in question will respond and defend herself (perhaps with gestures); I certainly hope so. As you may recall from our own humble adventures with failed-baseball-player-turned-SEO-spammer Jamie Spottz, it's awesome when they respond.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- A Pony A Day Keeps the Doctor Away - April 20th, 2017
- Alex Jones And The Rule of Goats - April 19th, 2017
- The Seductive Appeal of the "Nazi Exception" - April 18th, 2017
- The Road to Popehat: Spring Edition - April 17th, 2017
- About That Trump Rally-Goer Alvin Bemberger Suing Him - April 17th, 2017