I turned 39 over the weekend. I am still waiting for some epiphany to make me feel like a responsible adult. Given that my birthday party was a minigolf tournament, perhaps that is a long wait.
I think about how I perceived grown ups when I was younger, and I have real trouble thinking of myself in those terms. They seemed in control, mature. I don't feel like I am either.
On the plus side, 16 year old me would be glad to know that I still play video games, read trashy fantasy, play RPGs and still eat junk food but I can't help but think that he would not see me for a real adult. Is it possible to be a slacker but still successful? I think that might be me.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010