It's a hard life, paying the rent by appearing as a costumed character. It's damn hot in that suit. The whole thing smells like a locker room. Visibility's terrible. Sticky children grope you. Parents take forever to take the damn picture. You're expected to act happy, even though your life is miserable, because you wear a costume for a living. And the jokes, always with the jokes at your expense.
So if you're just taking a moment for yourself, delaying your festival appearance as Elmo to browse in a music store and descant upon your abandoned dream of being a guitar teacher, and some asshole gets all up in your furry grill, it's completely understandable if you kick the crap out of him.
"He [Elmo] just wandered into the Guitar Center to look at instruments," Farrell said. That's when police say a man, who they said felt "threatened" by the Sesame Street star, attacked.
Farrell said the attack was "unprovoked."
Get the day's top stories in your inbox. Click here to sign up for the Midday Update newsletter
"He immediately thought (the man dressed as Elmo) was a threat," Farrell said. Farrell called the ensuing struggle a "very physical fight," with multiple punches thrown.
"Elmo got the best of the guy," Farrell said. "He broke two of his fingers."
I sympathize. I only have to wear a pinstripe suit, and it makes me want to break people's fingers all the time.
Hopefully, this guy can go home and unwind and tell his goldfish all about his day, and put this behind him.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017