For a brief, shining moment, it looked as if Earth was going to have a coordinated response plan for alien invasion.
Notice that I did not say an effective coordinated response plan. That's because the response was, in theory, going to be handled by a sub-agency of the United Nations.
During a talk Othman gave recently to fellow scientists, she said: “The continued search for extraterrestrial communication, by several entities, sustains the hope that some day humankind will receive signals from extraterrestrials.”When we do, we should have in place a coordinated response that takes into account all the sensitivities related to the subject. The UN is a ready-made mechanism for such coordination.”
Now, if the alien invasion fleet can be defeated through open defiance of parking laws, graft, nepotism, sexual abuse, bureaucracy, censorship, and Jew-bashing, I'm sure that the U.N. will keep us perfectly safe. Otherwise, I thinking we're going to get all blowed up.
Fortunately, the U.N. has disavowed this alien-greeting role. Looks as if it was a hoax all along. Just as well. If history is any guide, The United Nations Select Committee On Whether Humans Should Be Eaten would be chaired by Idi Amin, Jeffrey Dahmer, and The Blob.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017