Is merely one of the brilliant one-liners from my new favorite website, Christwire.org (whether it's satire or not!), in their unintentionally (?) hilarious article "Is My Husband Gay?" It lays out all the warning signs for you ladies to make sure your man isn't light in the loafers. Is he uninterested in church? makes lots of pop culture references (who knew the Golden Girls were gay?)? Ironicly joking with his (probably all guy) friends? Drinking heavily? Whew, if not for that last one, I think I would have had to turn myself in!
The article is full of bon mots like "If your man returns from the gym too exhausted to talk or have sex, that is a worrisome sign." or "Natural men have a certain amount of grit about them."
A word about Christwire. It's funny, but nobody is sure if they are satirical or not. And, like all good satirists (he said, not looking at Hugo Cha… er, Redma.. I mean Patrick) they are committed to the bit. Personally, I think it's a joke (I mean Motivational Children's Party Entertainer? C'mon!) , but if it isn't I'm both super happy and full of despair.
Strangely, there's no companion article on how you would know if your wife is gay.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010