Ron Paul made a statement about the NYC mosque hullaballo, and to his credit it was pretty consistent with his long standing beliefs. Unfortunately, it also seems to describe his son Rand to a tee.
Sayeth the Father: "Are we not overly preoccupied with this controversy, now being used in various ways by grandstanding politicians?"
Sayeth the Son: "I think reconciliation is best promoted by — instead of having a multi-million dollar mosque — maybe having a multi-million dollar donation to the memorial site, would be better for all.."
Hmm, I wonder if Ron has read any of his son's comments on the mosque? Luckily, they both agree that civil liberties don't apply to those icky gays, or people who want abortions, so all is not Shakespearean drama in the family Paul.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010