Race for the Galaxy is a fun card game where each player is trying to conquer the galaxy. There are many different ways to win – economic, military, research. It's all about building an engine that can grind out victory points faster than your opponents. Will you choose to try to get victory points by consuming goods, or by colonizing (or conquering) lots of planets. Of course, it's a card game so there is a heaping helping of randomness in there as well.
The good news is, a fellow named Keldon has created a single player version that is available for download. It includes a very capable AI. Trust me, this could waste more than just this Friday. Download Keldon's great Race for the Galaxy game at his website. And, in case you need a rules refresher, you can find the rules to the game here.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010