Sitting in the garden at one of my favorite places in the world—the Simpson House Inn in Santa Barbara—a bit sluggish from sleeping in, or perhaps from that excellent bottle of wine last night. Finish another book on the iPad? Nap? Watch something on streaming Netflix on iPad? It's a dilemma. Then a leisurely walk down State Street, perhaps as far as the beach, dinner at our favorite sushi place, and a walk (or perhaps the trolley) back.
Mini-vacations without the kids—even for two days—are very rare, so one must make the most of them.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017