We've been spammed by lawyers. We've been spammed by retired baseball players who are now "internet marketing professionals" (that was a fun one). We've been spammed by abortionists. We've been spammed by malware games.
But previously, as far as I know, we had never been spammed on behalf of Jesus.
Now, we're getting flooded with comment spam on behalf of the Fellowship.Community, a Christian online forum.
The Fellowship.co Christian Community would like to invite the blog owner and everyone reading this blog to join our Christian community. Our website is open to anyone who is interested in discussing anything related to Christianity. You can join our new forum here: [link deleted]
We received eight of these inside several hours, using multiple (probably fake) names and (probably fake) email addresses. They are comment spamming posts like this one, which makes me think they are just using a bot to spam blog posts containing Jesus' name, whether or not those posts are consistent with their outlook.
I'm thinking Matthew 6 needs an update:
"And when you pray, you shall not be as the spammers are: for they love to comment-spam unto the blogs, and in the corners of the forums, that they may be seen of men. Truly I say to you, They will not improve their Google search ranking."
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Reviewing The New White House Web Page: Criminal Justice - January 23rd, 2017
- On Punching Nazis - January 21st, 2017
- How To Read News Like A Search Warrant Application - January 19th, 2017
- The Latest Defamation Case Against Donald Trump, and the "Trump Defense" - January 18th, 2017
- The Selma March In Some Rare Photos, And The Obligation To Speak - January 16th, 2017