We've been spammed by lawyers. We've been spammed by retired baseball players who are now "internet marketing professionals" (that was a fun one). We've been spammed by abortionists. We've been spammed by malware games.
But previously, as far as I know, we had never been spammed on behalf of Jesus.
Now, we're getting flooded with comment spam on behalf of the Fellowship.Community, a Christian online forum.
The Fellowship.co Christian Community would like to invite the blog owner and everyone reading this blog to join our Christian community. Our website is open to anyone who is interested in discussing anything related to Christianity. You can join our new forum here: [link deleted]
We received eight of these inside several hours, using multiple (probably fake) names and (probably fake) email addresses. They are comment spamming posts like this one, which makes me think they are just using a bot to spam blog posts containing Jesus' name, whether or not those posts are consistent with their outlook.
I'm thinking Matthew 6 needs an update:
"And when you pray, you shall not be as the spammers are: for they love to comment-spam unto the blogs, and in the corners of the forums, that they may be seen of men. Truly I say to you, They will not improve their Google search ranking."
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017