It's easy and enjoyable to make fun of totalitarian idiots, like those in China, when they prove incapable of distinguishing parodies by The Onion from reality.
But we're living in a glass house over here, people. Consider this quite funny satirical video by the Onion about a fictitious bill HR 8791. Now consider what people are saying about it now, and what people said about it the other times it got posted to YouTube and circulated. Enjoy as conspiracy theorists, Obama-haters, survivalists, UFO enthusiasts, and others fail to distinguish satire from reality.
Via Roger Ebert.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017