It was slightly weird when Emmitt Smith and other sports figures decided to start going on reality shows. But at least they were in the prism of "celebrities." Several years ago, a former NFL quarterback (by no means a star) was on Survivor, and he was so concerned about people recognizing him that he lied about his job and most everything else. He apparently felt his celebrity would be a drawback.
What then are we to make of the chances of ex-NFL Coach Jimmy Johnson on Survivor? It's not like he can pretend to be someone else. Heck, I would vote him off everytime because a) he's insufferable b) I'm a Niners fan c) his hair. But, I have to admit, I am sort of fascinated to see what would happen if he were on the show. I think they might have got me to watch the show again, after not having watched for some time. Heck, his hair after a week without product should be fascinating television by itself.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010