There is no joy in Birtherville, mighty Orly has struck out. Ms. Taitz, the crazed and frequently sanctioned Ahab to President Obama's Moby Dick, was running for the Republican nomination for California Secretary of State, a process she made predictably, if not entirely un-pleasingly, bizarre.
Yesterday, despite worries on both sides, Orly lost to her opponent Damon Dun, another troublesome black guy whose eligibility she attacked. It's hard out there for a dentist/real estate broker/lawyer/vexatious litigant.
So it's all good, right? Well, sort of. Except that as of this morning, it looks like about 375,000 Californians voted for her.
What does that mean? I see several possibilities:
1. 375,000 Californians don't give a shit and marked the ballot at random.
2. 375,000 Californians agree with the typical California voter stance that strange names are scary, but found "Damon Dun" more scary than "Orly Taitz."
3. 375,000 Californians are ironic hipster douchebags.
4. 375,000 Californians were annoyed by Damon Dun being a former NFL player, or by his irritating campaign catchphrase ("Dun Dun DUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!")
5. 375,000 Californians prefer a sack-full-of-crazy Modovan dentist/broker/lawyer who gets sanctioned a lot to a Negro.
6. 375,000 Californians think Barack Obama is concealing his birth in Kenya.
7. Some combination of those.
Bear in mind that here in California we have a vigorous ballot initiative system. So those 375,000 people are also voting directly on our tax system, whom I can marry, whether I can smoke a joint, and any other number of things about how I can live my life and run a business. Also, they are on the road when I drive, and they touched doorknobs before I did.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017