So our third kid, Shiva the Destroyer of Worlds, who is 3.5, has been chewing her fingertips (not her nails, the fingertips themselves) to the point they are often raw and chapped and torn and even bleeding.
This isn't even during a month when we've been withholding food to promote discipline. She destroys all obstacles to her will without apparent effort, and I had her removed from that Obama Death Panel, so it's probably not stress.
Has anyone else dealt with this particular bad habit in a kid? Can anyone suggest a remedy (like that foul-tasting stuff you put on fingers, or thumbs, to prevent thumb-sucking) that works? We can always break out the Skinner box, but I'm hoping for something that takes less effort. Thanks!
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017