The FIRE has been covering the contemptible and craven behavior of the University of Wyoming, which repeatedly canceled scheduled speeches by long-time asshole terror-apologist and boogeyman-to-the-right William Ayers. FIRE cites compelling evidence that the University's excuse — which amounts to caving to a heckler's veto — is bogus, and that University officials actually acted out of hostility to Ayers and his message.
Judge William Downes of the U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming ordered the University of Wyoming to reverse its decision and let Ayers speak. In doing so, he offered a pitch-perfect explanation:
"This court is of age to remember the Weather Underground. When his group was bombing the U.S. Capitol in 1971, I was serving in the uniform of my country," Downes said. "Even to this day, when I hear that name, I can scarcely swallow the bile of my contempt for it. But Mr. Ayers is a citizen of the United States who wishes to speak, and he need not offer any more justification than that."
Damn right. Let Ayers speak, and let a thousand voices call him out for the scumbag he is.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017