That breathtaking quote (go on, take a moment, read it again. Soak it in..) is from Violent J a member of the Insane Clown Posse. He was discussing the reaction to their new video "Miracles" which marvels at things like magnets, giraffes and rainbows. And uses 80s level greenscreens as well. The New York Times spent a little time delving into the bizarrely thin line between the reality and parody of the various works of the Posse. It is a trove of great quotes. A few of my favorites:
"If Celine Dion would have come out with that song, people would have been, like, “Oh, that’s a beautiful song.” But because it’s coming out of our mouths, all of a sudden, we’re retards."
"We don’t like to tell people exactly what the song means to us. If you tell them what it really means to you, that might switch their whole perspective of that song. A couple might be like, “That’s our song.” Or, remember that the day they got out of jail, that was my jam. A summertime anthem, whatever. But that song right there, it’s about just appreciating the small things in life."
and perhaps the best "I think we might have misused the word miracle."
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010