A few years ago, I saw a delightful little English comedy titled Death at a Funeral. It was a light farce about wackiness at the funeral of the patriarch of an extended clan of characters. I saw it for two main reasons, Alan Tudyk and Pete Dinklage. (name dropping alert: I attended college and did a play with Pete Dinklage. He was one of the three people in my program that made me realize that I was doing this for fun, and they were doing it because they had to.)
The movie was fun, if unremarkable. I didn't really think about it again. Cut to today. I saw a commercial for a semi funny looking movie with Chris Rock, Danny Glover and Tracy Morgan called Death at a Funeral. Didn't really think much of it, until I saw Pete in one of the previews. It's the same freaking movie!
I have to admit I'm sort of intrigued. Is this like a Vince Vaughn "Psycho" shot for shot remake or a Battlestar Galactica reimagining? The plots look pretty similar from the previews (right down to the uptight guy taking hallucinogens.) The kicker? Pete is playing the same character (with the same plot, but a different name) in both films.
I have to admit, I'm intrigued.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010