Scientists have found a jellyfish that is functionally immortal. Using the same basic principle that Salamanders use to regenerate a limb, this jellyfish can alter every cell in it's body to roll back aging.
The jellyfish can move back and forth from polyp to adult repeatedly, altering it's entire cellular structure. That is pretty darn cool. Although, I'd say immortality is somewhat mitigated by spending it as a jellyfish. That can't be too exciting a life.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010