We had an intern here at our office who liked to do trivia challenges with me, and we would go back & forth with questions of our own devising. The problem was, all my questions to her were about B story characters in Firefly, and all her questions to me were about Japanese cosmetics brands. What we had there was a failure to communicate.
So, we chose internet quizzes as a level playing field. I didn't find out about Sporcle.com until she had already left, which is too bad because it is an amazing repository of random quizzes. Whether it's TV nicknames (pretty easy, I got 19 out of 20), groups of three (much harder, I got 25 out of 38), or Olympics by Insignia (really hard, I got 7 out of 20) the breadth of trivia available is pretty cool. I haven't taken it yet, but I challenge you all to Civ II Technologies.
So, go ahead, prove that you kn0w who Gordon Shumway is or what Spock's first name is, waste your Friday showing all the useless stuff you know. Feel free to suggest your favorite quizzes (and your score here) and we can try to beat them.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010