Why do I love this quote so much? Is it the total lack of self awareness? The pitiful nature of it? The fact that her mother's response is the most true thing she has probably ever been around? I'm not sure.
Reality TV star Heidi Montag had massive amounts of plastic surgery to remake herself. She waited a long time to show her family her new look. Here (in Ms. Montag's own words) is what happened:
"She was looking at me almost like a zoo animal. It wasn't like I was her daughter anymore. She was looking at me like I was a circus freak. I tried to leave it as best as I could, but my heart was breaking."
Hmm. I wonder why she would look at you like that? Maybe the problem is with you, not her.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010